Teaching method and philosophy
As part of his busy artistic activity Przemek runs private teaching studio in London dedicated mostly for intermediate and advanced students. Przemek teaches piano for renowned and award-winning Windsor Piano School and for Paddington Academy. Department of Performing Arts, working with children, secondary education students and adults. His pupils are regularly entering and winning festivals across the UK. Recent prizes and awards included:
- 2nd prize (silver medal) at the Marlow Festival 2015 (Margaret Pardoe)
- 2nd prize (silver medal) at the Marlow Festival 2015 (Mateusz Skowera)
- 2nd prize (silver medal) at the Windsor Piano Festival 2015 (Mateusz Skowera)
- Commended at the Windsor Piano Festival 2015 (Robin Li)
- Successful entry audition at the Trinity Laban College of Music (Melody Huang)
- 1st prize at the LVS Ascot Festival 2015 (Rana Abid- Ali)
- 2nd prize at the LVS Ascot Festival 2015 ( Robin Li)
- honours diploma at the LVS Ascot Festival 2015 (Duncan Munro)
- merit diploma at the Marlow Festival of Music and Drama 2014 (Rana Abid-Ali)
- highly commended at the Marlow Festival of Music and Drama 2014 (Margaret Pardoe)
- highly commended at the Marlow Festival of Music and Drama 2014 (Robin Li)
- 3rd prize at the Marlow Festival of Music and Drama 2014 (Duncan Munro)
- 2nd prize at the Marlow Festival of Music and Drama 2014 (Mateusz Skowera)
- 1st prize (gold medal) at the Windsor Piano Festival 2014(Duncan Munro)
- 2nd prize (silver medal) at the Windsor Piano Festival 2014 (Mateusz Skowera)
- 2nd prize ex aequo (silver medal) at the Windsor Piano Festival 2014 (Rana Abid-Ali)
- Highly commended at the Woodley Festival of Performing Arts (Margaret Pardoe)
- 2nd prize (silver medal) at the Basingstoke Music and Arts Festival 2013 (Margaret Pardoe)
- 1st prize (gold medal) the Kingston Young Musician Festival 2013 (Margaret Pardoe)
- EPTA cup at the Kingston Young Musician Festival 2013 (Margaret Pardoe)
- Kick Start Grant (Radian)- 2012 (Arjan Sagoo)
Shaped by many years of teaching experience, his method is highly appreciated both by students and parents, mainly because of the individualised approach tailored particularly for every single student. Przemek is also an author of the innovative piano tutorial “Piano Scales made fun in 3 easy steps”.
Detailed technical guidance
Understanding the energy transformations and physical processes that occur to one’s hands and body while performing is a key-point in teaching the piano technique. No matter if students play for pleasure or if they want to achieve some professional goals, they need to be given tools which will enable them to fully express their personality and create their own interpretation. As learning the technique is similar to learning the language (learning HOW TO SPEAK), the method puts a strong emphasis on preparing some tools that let the music exist- the quality of sound and piano touch are prioritised from the very first lesson.
Some professional and detailed hand and finger positioning tips and technical exercises are offered to support the technical development. Clear and easy-to-follow references to the main laws of physics are being made while teaching intermediate and advanced students. Beginners are being clearly instructed on what actions will make them technically successful, so good habits may be developed at the earliest stages of learning. The detailed demonstration is included to support the learning process.
Performance and learning psychology
An extensive performance experience is being brought to the teaching environment. Therefore, lessons contain professional guidance on techniques of concentration, relaxation and controlling the performance anxiety. Also, Przemek’s advanced teaching training covering some aspects of psychology and methodology ensures the problem-solving approach in lessons and makes the teaching/learning process efficient and satisfying.
Advanced learning and practising techniques. Theory, reading and sight reading
Practising at home is a natural continuation and repetition of any issues explored during the lesson. Clear, understandable and simple tips are being provided during the lesson and at the end of it, to summarize the lesson content and to create a firm practising schedule for periods between the classes.
Detailed analysis of the musical structures, recognizing and creating patterns, using logical and textural combinations, various memory techniques and awareness of the historical context makes the learning process faster and more efficient. Some elements of history of music, harmony and theory are an integral part of the method and are introduced whenever needed, to create a conscious and intellectually confident interpretation. Useful reading and sight-reading techniques are included to support the learning process. As a result, all aspects of musical education are being covered.
Innovative lesson content
A flexible lesson content may be offered for intermediate and advanced students. The elements of improvisation, composition, piano arrangement, pop piano may be included on demand. Lessons are tailored to meet individual needs of each student in terms of repertoire and approach. As a flexible and innovative pianist Przemek enjoys teaching the range of styles and approaches to performance.